The CTA fellowship program consists of 12 months of clinical and didactic training. Clinical training opportunities include:
- Adult Cardiac Anesthesia Rotation (5-6months)
- Adult Thoracic Anestheisa Rotation (1-2 month)
- Adult Cardiology Echocardiography Rotation (1month)
- Cardiovascular Intensive Care Rotation (1month)
- Anesthesia Research Rotation (1month)
- Perfusion Services Rotation (2 weeks)
- Pediatric Cardiac Anesthesia Rotation (1month elective)
- Additional elective opportunities are also available and training will be tailored to specific clinical interests.
Fellows take at-home beeper call throughout their fellowship year. Call frequency is variable but averages 1:4-1:5. Fellows are required to be present for emergent procedures within 30-60 minutes of notification. Fellows do not take in-house call. Duty hour requirements as specified by the ACGME will be strictly followed.