The Department of Anesthesiology at the University of Michigan offers a one year Cardiothoracic Anesthesiology (CTA) Fellowship Training Program. The CTA Fellowship is devoted to advanced training in the preoperative, intraoperative, and postoperative care of adult patients undergoing cardiothoracic surgery and related invasive procedures. The training includes experience in providing anesthesia for cardiac, non-cardiac thoracic, and intrathoracic vascular surgical procedures. It may also include anesthesia for non-operative diagnostic and interventional cardiac and thoracic and vascular procedures outside of the operating room. Preanesthesia preparation and postanesthesia care, pain management, and advanced cardiac life support are included.
Thank you for your interest in our training program. We are proud of our fellowship program and strive to continually improve the training experience. Please take a look at our curriculum, rotations, and lectures pages and contact the Program Director or Program Coordinator for further information.
- Matthew D. Caldwell, MD
- Director, Cardiothoracic Anesthesiology Fellowship Training Program
- Barbara Hammond
- Coordinator, Cardiothoracic Anesthesiology Fellowship Training Program
- University of Michigan Health System
- 1500 E Medical Center Drive, CVC 4172
Ann Arbor, MI 48109-5861
- The Cardiac Fellowship for 2013 - 2014 has been closed, however, we welcome applications for our 2014 - 2015 selection.
- Due to significant interest in the fellowship program, we highly recommend submission of application materials by March 1st, 2013.
- Application for Fellowship Training